A His and Her view of our house.

Our house was originally a Commercial Bank building in the main street of Wentworth, NSW.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Back Garden

The idea of this blog was to have photos to give rellies O/S some idea of where we live.  It has, however, been commandeered by an artist.  In deference to his ability, I will post one  photo of  The Gallery.

This is not a crash-hot photo but I'm sure The Artist will oblige with more...  The Gallery is sometimes a living room.  It is open and airy, which I love, but difficult to heat in Winter so we use a different room then.  You can see the library / office through the doorway.  I love this space.
However, let's go out to the back garden.  There is no front garden because it is an old bank building and fronts on to the street.
It's only a small backyard.  And this is a few years ago - it changes a bit every year.  Let's go up the stairs
The gazebo is essential in summer.  It is too hot up here for pot plants. The jacaranda gives shade in the late afternoon.
This is the jacaranda in flower and a little possum.
A blurry possum bum...
Forget about the possum for a while and look back towards the house ie to the west.
It's a jumble.  I do love it.
Now walk to the edge of the deck and look out to the east.
This is what we call The Big Garden.  To the right you can see the Wentworth Wharf.  Further to the left
the bridge over the Darling River.
I don't know what time it is in blogland but it's 11.23pm here and I'm off to bed.
(To be continued...)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like there have been a few upgrades and new furniture since I was last there...I love seeing the house.

    ReplyDelete